Friday, December 16, 2011

Will Danica Patrick run some Camping World Truck races and when will she make her Sprint Cup debut?

To answer your question directly. As of now, she's not scheduled to run any races in trucks. So now the answer is NO. But things change fast in NASCAR and if a door opens up in trucks for her and it fits in her schedule, then I think its a definite possibility. I think running some truck races that are at the same tracks when she runs nationwide would help her alot. People say that they are two totally different things, which they are, but it would still help her. Furthermore, the trucks are actually more similar to nationwide then nationwide is to cup. The trucks handle a lot more similarly to a nationwide car and for that reason I think it would help her. It would be more seat time and if nothing else, it would allow her to get a better feel of each track allowing her more comfort. There are differences in the two, but I think the two are closer then people think. Like I said, the drivers who jump from nationwide to cup experience a bigger difference in handling then nationwide to trucks. The only difference being, most of the drivers that go to cup from nationwide on those weekends they run both races are experienced stock car drivers. Danica's is not, but I think it would definitely speed the process along and the more you can drive anything the better you will be over time. I think she will end up running a few truck races where they are scheduled to run at the same track on the same weekend as some of her scheduled nationwide races. I just don't know exactly which races those would be. Stay tuned. I say she runs at least 3 or 4 truck races. Seeing how excited she was after the ARCA race yesterday, I could tell that she's very eager to learn and she wants to race a stock car or any similar racing vehicle as much as she can. I really think she's going to decide to run the nationwide race and I hope she does. If she could "survive" in the nationwide race at Daytona and run in the top 15, then I think some people may rethink what they have said about her.|||I believe her contract is for JR Motorsports for a limited run in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. But who knows, she could sign on to drive for a Camping World Series team for a race or two.





As for her Sprint cup debut, who knows. One advantage she has is that she is coming from another oval circuit oriented race series. So there are some similarities in terms of the physics of racing around an oval. (One of the main reasons F1 drivers and those from non oval circuit series have typically struggled in NASCAR, the physics are so different because of the design of the cars in relation to their typical racing situations).





So who knows, she could be in Sprint series within 3 years. Or she could wash out and remain in IRL. Based on her performance during the ARCA race (basically a watered down version of the Nationwide Series. I'd say her chances in NASCAR are promising, but I wouldn't call her the next Tony Stewart just yet.lol|||Trucks would be a better fit, you can have significant equipment advantage in the trucks. In Nationwide you will only be one of about 12 cars with top equipment.





I'm not a believer in Danica yet... ARCA is the equivalent of single a baseball! As witnessed by the 900 rediculous wrecks! I'll wait for a Nationwide debut, anything above 15-20 would be a huge shock to me!|||No Trucks or Sprint cars this season.





She is running about 12 Nationwide races this year, and she could make her Sprint Cup debut as early as next season.|||I won't be doing truck races anytime soon, but when I do I'll let you know. I'll make my sprint cup debut probably when Indycar season is over. I'll have to think about it.|||No Trucks for her. Too much to learn in one year.





Probably next year in a part time schedule, like Keselowski last year.|||Hopefully she will..She is good at anything she drives...I can,t wait to see her throw a fit!!!!Go Danica!!!!Go saints!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment